Saturday, July 6, 2013

Farewell 20's...


As the first day of July was about to come to an end and I was getting ready to go to bed, I realized that I had less than a month before I turned the big 3-0. Now I hadn’t thought about this in such a long time, being bogged down with work and other affairs, it somewhat slipped my mind. The surprising part of this is that I feel relieved and blissful!

During my early 20’s, I wouldn't have imagined turning pages into the new decade and be as content as I am right now, about to say farewell to my 20’s.  Up until this point, I would consider my 20’s to be the best time of my life.

At a tender age of 18 years old, I decided to travel across the world to down under, my first international travel without my family. It is from this experience that I decided that if it wasn’t possible to travel to every country on my bucket list, then the least I could do is to touch base on every continent. At this point, I still need to tick off South America and Antarctica.

                                          (Photo: Harbour Island, Bahamas)

Travelling is the most incredible investment one could ever make. It is the only thing you can buy and can get rich by it.  The return of this investment is not monetary but a type of freedom one can only imagine until felt. It is worth every single penny that I have ever spent and much more!

It is because of travelling that I have met incredible people. I have made wonderful and true friends.  I have laughed. I have cried. I have danced. I have worked out. I have loved. I have hated. I have lived. I have made a profession. I have moved across continents. I have made dreams into reality. I have challenged myself. And so much more - all in the name of travelling!

Above all, I have accumulated astoundingly unforgettable memories that would forever stay in my heart!

                                           (Photo: Mahe, Seychelles)

What I have learned all these years is that, it is through travelling that we grow: we learn who we are, what we want and where we want to go.

Travelling comes with a freedom that no one can deny you. It allows you to blossom like the flowers in spring. There are no boundaries yet it takes you places that challenge you.

Why do we travel? Personally, I travel because I see it as a learning investment, just like any other tangible investment. I need to insure my life with experiences that only I can create with the help of the universe. I need to infuse myself with tolerance, humility & empathy!

Because of that, I can proudly tell the universe today that I am ready to take on a new chapter (the big 3-0) and see where the winds will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment